What we provide:
- Will offer after hours STI and STD testing at our centre
- Testing available through Alberta Health or pay a fee for the instant tests
- Testing for HIV, bacterial infections/diseases and diseases of the blood
- Pregnancy testing, fee associated with instant tests
Discussion about STIs:
STI or STDs are infections that are commonly spread by sex, especially vaginal intercourse, anal sex or oral sex. Most STIs initially do not show symptoms resulting in a greater risk of passing the disease on to others. Sometimes by the time someone do notice symptoms, it may have been a few weeks after being infected.
What sexually transmitted diseases are seen at our centre
- Genital Herpes
- Genital Warts
- Hep A, B and C
- Trichomonas and other vaginal infections
Many persons will have no symptoms when infected with an STI. Your risk of having an STI will depend on several factors.
You are at highest risk if:
- You are 25 years or younger (the highest risk is 19-25 years) and sexually active
- You have a sexual partner who has a known STI
- You have a new sexual partner or have multiple sexual partners
- You exchange sex for money, drugs, shelter, or food
- You are a man who has sex with men
- You use intravenous or other illicit drugs
- You do not use condoms or other barrier protection for sexual activity
- You are not in a committed long-term monogamous sexual relationship
INSTI HIV kits are available for $60
The INSTI® HIV-1/HIV-2 Rapid Antibody Test is a rapid in vitro qualitative test for the detection of antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 and Type 2 in human whole blood, fingerstick blood, serum or plasma.
The test is able to provide test results in as little as 60 seconds.
For More Resources and Information:
We are proud to be a LGBTQ friendly practice.