Find a Doctor in Edmonton
When you need to find a doctor in Edmonton, taking the time to research your options is an important step. Before you register with a new doctor, follow the steps below to help find the doctor that meets the needs of you and your family.
1. Make a List of Potential Doctors
- Ask your family and friends for doctor references.
- Check your local resources.
- Check with local hospitals to see if they have a referral service.
- If you are moving to a new area, ask your current doctor if they can help you find a doctor in Edmonton.
2. Research and Narrow Your List
- Ask questions. Contact the doctors on your list and ask for information that is important to you. Some questions might include:
- Is the doctor accepting new patients?
- What is the doctor’s training?
- How long has he or she been in practice?
- Check for complaints.
- Go online. Search online for articles or reports about the doctors you are considering.
- Important: If you or any member of your family member is suffering from a disease or special health condition, be sure to find a doctor in Edmonton that is comfortable to work with you to achieve the best possible outcome in the most effective manner.
3. Meet Your Doctor(s)
- Narrow your list to a few doctors that fit your needs and lifestyle. You can set up appointments to meet your doctor(s). Be prepared with any additional questions or concerns. If it is not possible to meet your doctor(s), it is best to find out as much information as possible before making any final decision.
- Make your choice. The choice for a new family doctor is your personal choice. Following the steps outlined here, you will be well informed. And being well informed will allow you to find a great doctor that has potential help you for years to come.